AntiClockClock's TV V1.0 AntiClockClock's TV V1.0

It was funny.

ultimate flash sonic ultimate flash sonic

10 years later and Ultimate Flash Sonic still hasn't aged too badly.
I understand this game's reputation as the first Sonic flash game to come close to capturing the physics of the Mega Drive/Genesis and Advance games. Still, the quality of this game's physics may have been shocking compared to other Sonic Flash games of 2004, they're still incomplete. I like to compare the average Sonic Flash game of the time and Ultimate Flash Sonic with Sonic 4 Episode 1 and Episode 2 in terms of physics. The physics of Ultimate Flash Sonic are just as incomplete as in Episode 2, though the issues are in different areas. In Ultimate Flash Sonic, rolling down a hill will make you gain speed, whereas in Episode 2, no speed is gained. At least in both, you don't uncurl until you run out of speed. I noticed that when you're revving up the spindash, you can still take damage from an enemy touching you.

The level design isn't very inspired. There's barely any platforming and any non-linearity in the level design comes down to jumping on/off a specific rail. If you take a look at the design of any level from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, you'll see that they are filled with platforming and multiple pathways. The non-linearity from the classics usually comes down to "Do I take the high road, the mid road or the low road?" and from whichever path you choose, there will be even more forks in the roads with subsequent forks. Ultimate Flash Sonic is pretty much "hold right to win", not once in the game did the players have to change direction or velocity. There's also a lot of bad enemy and spike placement (and even the infamous spike bug is present in this game!), but it wouldn't be such a problem if the camera was better. The camera should keep the character in the middle of the screen at all times, but the character is always to the right of the screen.

So now let's talk about the playable characters. There's 6 characters: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Cream, Amy and Shadow. However, every character except Cream and Tails play the same. Cream and Tails can both fly, but Knuckles can't glide, Amy can't use her hammer and Shadow has no chaos abilities of any sort in this game. More time should have been spent into programming each character.

Overall, it was a great flash game for 2004, but it's 2014 now. This game has aged, and there were issues even back then, such as the level design. It's a fun time-waster.

Sonic RPG Eps 9 Sonic RPG Eps 9

This is great! The only problems are the low-quality voice acting and poor Selkadoom AI.
And some of the proportions in the cutscenes are weird, such as Sonic's abnormally large arms when he wakes up.

Final Fantasy Sonic X:Ep6 Final Fantasy Sonic X:Ep6

Nice, but can you add a jukebox scene? I don't want to wait 864424576866 years just for the credits to scroll down and then repeat until I have Prt Scrn'd the right song name.

Chao Garden Chao Garden

MichealDragon800 is that you?

Sonic Exodus Survival Sonic Exodus Survival

Nice game

I love survival modes like this game ^^ you got rid of the BGM, and I like it ^^
Anyways my score: http://img97.imageshack.us/i/myscore.
png/

It's Fun It's Fun

Epic

I love this platformer, it is nicely challenging, has great level designs, nice controls and most of all, ''it's fun to jump''.

Escaping the Prison Escaping the Prison

Nice, fun and very funny.

If you want to know how to get the badass ending email me at oskarmandude@live.com

PuffballsUnited responds:

But... I already know how to get that ending......

Bionicle - Jaller Bionicle - Jaller

........................

You didn't make this at all.

Sonic xtreme flash game Sonic xtreme flash game

Bad

sorry, I don't like it.